Thursday 9 August 2007

I am here

Hello everyone.

After 2 flights and a extremely crazy minibus journey I am in Kathmandu. I am staying in a hostel that is owned by ICYE Nepal in a fairly remote part of Kathmandu where you get looked at in a strange way by all the locals!

The weather is really hot and humid- not a drop of rain so the jumper and rain coat I brought in my hand luggage is completely useless! Still at least I have clothes (even though they are all covered in lynx shower gel that leaked in my bag)- a guy who is here with me has been here for three days and still has no luggage!

Cows really allowed to walk anywhere! I looked out my window this morning to see one walking through someones garden. The views from my window are amazing, picture perfect mountains in the background and a mess of houses, all half built and crazy shapes in the foreground. Each house has its own garden filled with crops and plants (It puts our allotments to shame!)

I will be her for four days in which time I will be trained in the language. I will then be going to a village to stay for three days where I will see what it is like to live like the Nepali people do. Then its off to Chitwan National Park for three days where I will be walking and elephant riding.
Then to the project after that.

Take care everyone, I miss you all

All the best

Alfie


2 comments:

harrysackwille said...

sounds lovely over there, i was tempted not to talk to you cos u left! Your gonna have such a good time there mate, but don't get crushed by any elephants or nothing. take it easy mate.

Ps, Ive now learnt what every key on ur chain does, it took 2 hours on tuesday with nothing to do!

Anonymous said...

Hi Alfie. You'll be delighted to hear that all the bulbs that had blown in the keep (six!) were replaced today. Ooh, you're missing so much. I even saw Regina today, and you know what? She's bought another book. See what you've left behind? Bet you regret it now.

Best wishes.